Funeral Expenses Explained
Charters Towers Funerals
Our funeral account is made up of four components:
I. Charters Towers Funerals Professional Service Fee
Charters Towers Funerals Professional Service Fee incorporates the various tasks and services typically involved in arranging, planning and conducting a funeral.
Professional Funeral and Mortuary services may include:
- Guidance, care and attention from our professionally trained and accredited staff (available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- Transfer of the deceased from the place of death into our care.
- Provision of mortuary care by experienced and qualified staff at our accredited mortuary facility.
- Availability of our Funeral Home for the initial arrangement meeting, the viewing and/or any private family time.
- Placement of death and funeral notices in the newspapers.
- Registration of death with the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Making arrangements with the Cemetery/Crematorium.
- Liaising with the Celebrant/Clergy.
- Liaising with the florist, caterer, musician and other service providers.
- Provision of all necessary staff, hearse and where required 6 seat mourning coach on the day of the funeral.
- Provision of advice and support following the funeral.
2. Coffin or Casket
The cost of the coffin or casket is separate and will depend on your selection.
These consist of the monies paid out by Charters Towers Funerals on your behalf to other parties in order to carry out the funeral in accordance with your instructions. These include:
- Cemetery or Crematorium fees.
- Clergy or Celebrant fees.
- Musician fees.
- Venue hire fees.
- Floral tributes.
- Death and Funeral Notices.
- Registered Death Certificate.
- Medical Certificate required for Crematorium.
4. Goods and Services Tax
GST is payable on Charters Towers Funeral fees and the supply of all related products and services. This adds 10% to the total cost of the funeral. The exact amount of GST is calculated when all costs associated with the funeral are finalised and will be reflected in the final account.
Our Professional Service Fee excludes:
- "After hours" rosary or vigil prayers or viewing at an external venue.
- Full embalming (required for overseas repatriation and other situations).
- Weekend or Public Holiday fees.
- Travel outside our usual operating area 150 km radius from Charters Towers.
- Additional vehicles (Hearse and one 6 seat mourning coach included).
- Payment to third parties, which are called disbursements (as above).